Temporary, radiopaque eugenol-free self curing cement based on zinc oxide and resin. OraTemp NE suitable for various applications such as cementing temporary crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays and splints. It has excellent flow to permit the restoration to be easily and completely seated. It is strong enough to withstand the stresses of mastication, yet permits easy removal of the restoration when this is desired. OraTemp NE is compatible with all conventional temporary composite materials.
- Cementation of crowns, bridges and splints
- Retentions of temporary crowns and bridges
- Trial cementation of permanent restorations prior to final insertion
- Excellent physical properties
- Easy to mix- easy to clean
- Low solubility in oral fluids
- Increased patient comfort
- Base Paste: Zinc Oxide, White Mineral Oil
- Catalyst Paste: Hydrogenated Resin, Ethoxy Benzoic Acid, Octanoic Acid
Instructions for use
Manual- Mix, Extrude equal lengths of Base and catalyst onto the mixing pad provided. The length to be extruded will depend on the size and type of restoration to be cemented. Replace cap tightly on cartridge after use. Thoroughly mix the pastes for approximately 30- 45 seconds.
Preparation and application
Dry the prepared teeth and the surface of the restoration. Prior to cementation, a protective varnish (e.g., Shield Activ Desensitizer) may be applied to the clean and dry dentin surfaces. It should be brushed gently into the dentin for 10seconds using a suitable instrument (brush, applicator brush). Carefully disperse excess to a thin layer with blown air/dry with an air syringe. Do not over dry the dentin (carefully follow the instructions supplied with Shield Activ Desensitizer). Apply a thin layer of the mixed cement to the internal surfaces of the temporary restoration. Subsequently, seat the provisional restoration with light pressure. Excess cement can be removed after 3 minutes using a scaler or other appropriate instruments. Also use a scaler and dental floss to remove any excess cement from the interproximal areas.
- To ensure an easy clean up and complete removal of excess, we recommended holding back the lip or cheek surfaces during the setting process, to prevent the excess material from spreading out into a thin layer.
- During the self-curing process, the patient should not exert any pressure on the provisional restoration.
Working time: Approx. 2:00 -2:30 (minutes: seconds) at a room temperature of 25Ã¥√•√ÅC.
Self-curing time: Approx. 6 to 10 minutes at a room temperature of 25Ã¥√•√ÅC.
1X15g Cartridge, Base & Catalyst, 1XSpatula, 1XMixing Pad