EpoSeal is a two-component paste/paste epoxy resin, tri-calcium phosphate based root canal sealer which combines the reliability of epoxies and the bioactivity of calcium phosphates. It has outstanding sealing capabilities with long time dimensional stability. Great handling properties and high radiopacity makes it the suitable choice for sealing root canal systems.
Base Paste: Epoxy oligomer resin, Ethylene Glycol Salicylate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Bismuth subcarbonate, Zirconium Oxide.
Catalyst Paste: Poly amino-benzoate, Calcium Hydroxide, Zirconium oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide Pigment
- Permanent obturation of root canals of teeth of the secondary dentition in combination with root canal points
- Thermal obturation
- Excellent flow and superior biocompatibility
- Easy to mix paste-paste
- Non staining to the teeth
- Hermetic sealing ability
- Highly radiopaque
Instructions for use
- Mixing EpoSeal:√â‰ ¬´√å√é_Dispenses both Base and Catalyst paste to a ratio of 1:1 volume on to a mixing pad and using the spatula mix the paste for 15-20 seconds or until a creamy homogeneous consistency is obtained. Setting time is 15-20 minutes
- Application of EpoSeal:√â‰ ¬´√å√é_As a standard technique, EpoSeal is used together with gutta-percha or silver root canal points. When filling technique is used where most of the canal is obturated by endodontic point material, apply only a light coating of EpoSeal to the canal walls. For Master-Point-Technique, select a gutta-percha point with the size of the last instrument used for apical preparation. Apply EpoSeal to the canal walls with the help of the obturation point. Alternatively a lentulo spiral can be used. Avoid the formation of air bubbles in the material and overfilling of the canal by advancing the lentulo spiral slowly to the apex running at low speeds. Withdraw Lentulo very slowly still running at low speed. Working time 10-12 minutes. Dip disinfected and dry points into EpoSeal and insert them into the canal with a slow pumping motion. EpoSeal is the endodontic product for every dental practice. It can be used for all established and more recent root canal sealing techniques. It is also suitable for the single point method, thermoplasticize method and all condensation techniques.
- Removal of Root Canal Filling:√â‰ ¬´√å√é_If EpoSeal is used in combination with gutta-percha points, the root canal filling can be removed using conventional techniques for the removal of gutta-percha during retreatment.
1 x 9g Base Paste, 1x4.5g Catalyst Paste, 1x Mixing Pad