Light curing Dental adhesive
MEGADENTA Dentalprodukte GmbH D-01454 Radeberg, Germany
1. Information C-Bond - Light curing dental adhesive
2. Composition 2,2-Bis-4(2hydroxy-3-methacryloxy-propyloxy)-phenyl-propan 2,2-Bis-4(2-methacryloxy-ethoxy)-phenyl-propan 3,6-Dioxaoctamethylendimethacrylat
3. Indications Dental adhesiv (Bonding) for restorativ dentistry, repairs of acrylic- , ceramic ore veneering parts
4. Contraindication Placement of C-Bond is contraindicated if the patient is known to be allergic to any of the ingredients of C-Bond.
5. Side Effects Application of eugenol containing material, specifically base liners, is not indicated, it will impair the polymerization.
6. Processing and Placement
-Tooth cleaning Clean the tooth to be treated and the adjacent distal surfaces with a bristle brush and prophylactic paste. Clean the interdental spaces with a dental floss.
-Cavity Preparation The cavity is prepared in the standard manner. Undercuts and bevelled margins are recommended to improve adhesion between tooth and filling and to optimize marginal adaption. In the occlusal area the rules of amalgam preparation are applied.
-Insulating To achieve the best results it is absolutely essential that the tooth is thoroughly dry. The use of a rubberdam is therefore Recommended.
-Base Liner To protect exposed dentine the application of a glass ionomer liner, phosphate cement or calcium hydroxide base liner (deep cavities) is recommended, thus is reducing the danger of secondary caries at the margins.
-Cavity Finishing The enamel margins are carefully finished with superfine diamond or carbide burs.
-Acid Etching The etchant C-Cid is applied to the enamel extending 1mm over the preparation margin. The free dentine have not to be contacted with the phosphoric acid. The etchant should be remained for 60s, is rinsed thereafter for 20s and dried with oil-free air.
-Application of Bonding Agent One drop of C-Bond is dispensed onto the small brush and applied as a thin coating to the etched surface and spreaded evenly with a gentle flow of air. Now the composite can be applied immediately or by choice, after curing (10s) of the bonding layer. A contamination of the bonded surface with blood or saliva has to be avoided. If not, the surface has to be re-etched again.