Platina Hi-Gloss Composite Polishing Paste is water-soluble, aluminum oxide paste designed for final polishing of anterior and posterior composite restorations and veneers. Platina Hi-Gloss improves the smoothness of the finished surface of microfilm composites to a final, high luster surface, or pre-polishes by smoothing finished surfaces of hybrid and micro-hybrid composites to low luster. For hybrid and micro-hybrid composites, following with Platina Hi-Gloss Polishing Paste results in a final, high luster polished surface.
- Final polishing of composite restorations or veneer.
- Non splatter-non drying formula
- Spearmint flavoured
- With potassium nitrate topical desensitizer
Glycerin, White Fused Alumina, Polyethylene Glycol, Amorphous Silica and Spearmint Oil.
Instructions for Use
- Place composite restoration as per standard techniques. Complete gross reduction of excess and general outline form of the restoration using carbide finishing burs or diamond finishing instruments. Additional finishing and polishing is obtained by use of Enhance Discs, Cups or points. Alternatively, other standard aluminum oxide disc series may be used (see complete directions of finishing instruments). Prior to proceeding to polishing with Platina Hi-Gloss Composite Polishing Pastes, the restoration should be finished to a final contour. Surface should be smooth and defect free.
- Attach an enhance Foam Polishing Cup to the provided mandrel by inserting the bayonet end of the mandrel into the opening on the narrow end of the cup. Rotating the mandrel Ã¥_ turn makes insertion easier. Make sure the mandrel inserts fully into the cup. Insert the mandrel into a conventional speed contra-angled hand piece.
- Dispense a portion of Platina Hi-Gloss Polishing Paste onto a clean paper pad or dappen dish. Recap syringe promptly.
- Apply a small amount of Platina Hi-Gloss Polishing Paste to the surface of the enhance Cup. Without running the hand piece apply material to the surface to be polished. Running slowly at first, using overlapping, continuous circular motions, work the surface of the restoration, dry initially, up to moderate speed and pressure, use flat end and corner edge of cup.
- To increase surface luster, add water in small amounts (i.e drop wise) to dilute the paste using a light circular buffing action. Repeat as needed to produce a smooth surface.
- Rinse Platina Hi-Gloss from the tooth surface and enhance Cup. This is the final step for micro-filled composites. Continue with the next step for hybrid and microhybrid composite materials.
- Dispense and apply Platina Hi-Gloss Extra Fine Paste to the Enhance Cup as described in steps 3 and 4 and polish the surfaces dry at first, then adding increasing amounts of water for 15-30 seconds at higher speed, with a lighter buffing pressure for final luster. The Enhance Cup should be discarded after use.
- Clean excess material from oral surfaces with air/water spray and/ or instruct patient to rinse and expectorate.