Chlor-X is a chlorhexidine digluconate based water - alcoholic solution for irrigation and cleaning of root canals.√â‰ ¬´√å√é_It√â‰ ¬´√å√é_is an antibacterial irrigation and cleansing agent for root canal prior to filling with resin material. It is effective against certain NaOCI resistant bacterial strains.
Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Ethyl Alcohol and Water
- A potent micobicidal against gram positive bacteria thus far used as a root canal irrigant during root canal instrumentation
- Indicated as final irrigant during chemo mechanical preparation
- Choice of irrigant while performing retreatment root canal procedures
- Indicated as an irrigant in apical 3rd of root before retrograde filling during apicoectomy (root end surgery)
- A√â‰ ¬´√å√é_potent irrigant while treating internal/ external resorption cases
- Widely used before sealing (Coronal/ radicular) perforation in the tooth
- Highly bio compatible to oral tissues
- Possess optimal antibacterial properties against gram positive & gram negatives bacteria
- Known for its pleasant odor & taste
- Largely accepted in uncooperative pediatric
- Non Irritating,well tolerated by periapical tissues
Instructions for use
After root canal preparation, Chlor-X should be delivered inside the canal using a safe-ended endodontic syringe. Plug with a cotton pellet and fill with a temporary cement Caution should be taken to avoid interaction of Chlor-X and NaOCl in root canals which will create the formulation of Para chloro aniline that bears toxic and carcinogenic effect.